Shopping at Babies R Us/Toys R Us always leaves me a little uninspired, as well as feeling like I need to dip myself in bleach. I don't know what it is about their stores near us, but they're always junky, germy, and completely disorganized. To be honest, we only really go there when we absolutely have to (ie. to use up store credit). Just about everything they carry can be found at friendlier stores like Target or WalMart. And by friendlier, I mostly mean willing to accept returns. As we've learned the hard way, returning anything to BRU/TRU means a monumental hassle - your receipt must be in pristine condition, the item must have never left its original packaging, much less the bag it was brought home in (I'm only barely exaggerating here). And their honoring of coupons and advertised sales is a total joke. A few weeks ago, we stood in line behind a couple trying to have the $3 taken off their purchase as displayed on the shelf. It took 20 minutes, 3 employees plus a store manager, to finally verify and apply the discount - this effort cost the store much, much more than a measly $3. By the time it was our turn, the frazzled cashier refused to apply my 20% off any BABY item coupon towards the BABY toy I had found in the BABY aisle. Of course, there was no fine print on the coupon stating their definition of a BABY item. At this point, my time and energy was worth more to me than the $2 I should have rightfully saved.
I just figured I would take my little coupon to our favorite store instead...
- They honor any competitor's and manufacturer's coupons, no questions asked.
- They accept returns for anything sold in their stores or online, without a receipt, no matter the condition - just based on your satisfaction alone, no questions asked.
- They frequently mail out 20% off coupons AND accept current 20% off coupons from their sister store, AND help you at the checkout to maximize your savings based on the coupons you have in hand.
- They sell everything from Munchkin and Graco to Stokke and Phil & Ted's. (Their stroller department is a must-see, if only to do research.) Their selection is the best I've seen, hands down.
- Their inventory is priced just right... typically in line with the prices you'd find at Target. (And then you use a 20% off coupon on top of that!)
- Their stores are always clean, well stocked and organized, with friendly, plentiful, and knowledgeable sales staff.
Suffice it to say, we've spent a small fortune at Buy Buy Baby, but Connor's totally worth it, right?!? ;)