Today is Monday, and Connor isn't coming home today.
Thankfully, one of our favorite neos is back on his case today. So, Connor's fluids were finally stopped this morning, and his PICC line was removed FOR GOOD shortly thereafter. His neo has consulted with each of his specialists regarding his latest test results. His surgeon is supposed to stop by today to finish the job he started and address the sutures still poking out from his belly. His lab work has been completed.
I've completed all of my charts and logs, filed his paperwork, and put all of his appointments on our calendars. We.are.ready!
Looks like maybe... just maybe, TUESDAY will be the day!
We need to get his little boy home so our family hibernation can begin!
Although this upcoming calendar of events doesn't look like hibernation, there will be a few days here and there to finally laze around in our pajamas...
- GET THE BOY HOME!
- Our only outpatient appointment will be his first visit to his pediatrician - just 0.5 mile away... I think we can handle that.
- On Thursday, Auntie Lyn (one of his primary nurses) is coming over to do a photo shoot of Connor (gotta get those birth/homecoming announcements out!).
- Monday will be our first real trek to see his endocrinologist.
- We're anticipating a nightmare on Tuesday, with 4 different appointments lined up at Lutheran General (an hour away) - radiology tests - a repeat VCUG & renal ultrasound, the gastro-enterologist, and the hematologist. If the distance wasn't enough, he can't have any formula from 4:00am - 9:30am.
- On Wednesday, Grandma Rogers comes to visit.