Sprik Space Freebie Designs are available for your PERSONAL USE ONLY.

Commercial use without my permission is plagiarism and theft.
If you are interested in purchasing a non-exclusive COMMERCIAL USE LICENSE, you can find more details here..

Copyright © 2016 Sprik Space

Monday, February 09, 2009

Not today.

Connor's doctor just called to say that they've decided to postpone today's surgery until next Monday. The past few days they've noticed a decrease in his overall white blood cell count, and while his numbers are still generally good, they're concerned he might have an infection brewing. Gut surgery brings all sorts of risks of infection with it, and his doctors don't want to tempt fate with an "elective" surgery today.

We have mixed feelings... while we definitely don't want them to take any unnecessary risks with Connor, we're saddened that this may mean an additional week in the hospital for our little guy.

Patience... we're learning we need loads of it.

4 comments:

Suburban Hippie said...

I hate lessons in patience.

Kami said...

It's such a hard lesson to learn. I bet you are so ready to be on to the next phase with him. Hang in there.

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

I just read on your last post that at his last weigh-in, Connor was up to 4.6!! That is awesome! I'm sure you guys are disappointed with the surgery being postponed, but it seems like you have an awesome team of doctors that are really looking out for the best interest of Connor. That is very reassuring, even if things don't go exactly as planned.

tiburon said...

Sorry about the lesson :(

Keep us posted!

Related Posts with Thumbnails