For breakfast this morning, I polished off the remains of a delicious loaf of Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Bread (I'm pregnant, so it's allowed, right?)... and was sad until I remembered that I had 4 more loaves ready to go in my freezer. YUM.
Try this one at your house...
Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Bread
1 c. pumpkin
1.5 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
0.5 c. oil
1.75 c. flour
0.25 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
0.5 tsp. each of salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, & ground cloves
1 c. milk chocolate chips (or, you can use 0.5 c. raisins + 0.5 c. chopped walnuts instead)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 3 small, or 1 large, loaf pan(s).
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Mix in pumpkin, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add oil and stir together.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Finally, add in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan(s), and bake for 1 hour, until done. (I bake about 50 min. and test with a toothpick.)