Finally, I've found a cookie recipe that maintains its delicious texture day after day... it does not disappoint!
Try these for yourself...
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. butter or margarine
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1.5 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
0.5 tsp. salt
3 c. oatmeal
1 bag chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat butter/margarine until light.
- Add sugars; beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- Stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips until thoroughly combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are just set. Do not overbake. (I used a silpat, and baked mine to perfection with 10.5 minutes in a 360 degree oven.)
- Makes about 5 dozen.